All members in good standing with the payment of the annual AIRO membership may participate in the Assembly of the Associates by right. Each collective member may participate in the Assembly of the Associates through a delegate.
The Assembly of the Associates is convened by the President once a year, by means of a notice sent to those who have the right to participate at least twenty days before the meeting, and specifying the place, the day and the time of the first and second convocation, as well as the agenda.
The duties of the Assembly includes:
- To elect the President of the Association and to proceed with the renewal of the Board of Directors according to Art. 10;
- To annually approve the financial statements of the preceding year, the preliminary financial statements for the current year and the forecast financial statements for the forthcoming year;
- To deliberate on any necessary and useful initiatives for the achievement of the institutional aims of the Association, as well as on all the topics included in the agenda;
- To deliberate on changes to the statute and regulations;
- To deliberate on membership fees, upon the proposal of the Board of Directors;
- To deliberate on the election of honorary members and fellows, upon the proposal of the Board of Directors;
- To appoint one or more liquidators, upon the dissolution of the Association;
- To accept appeals presented in accordance with Art. 6.